minty's corner

Monday, October 17, 2005

Tag like it's 1999

Well in this latest saga of tag your blogging buddies, the questions are What Movie Scenes Always Make you Cry and What TV Scenes Always Make you Choke Up..

Movie scenes:

Honestly, I don't remember sobbing uncontrollably after watching a movie. I've had some movies that made me say "oh my gosh, that's sad! zoink!" or made me sort of tear up though..Here's a list of movie scenes that made me sad..

1) Leon - When Leon bids farewell to Mathilda.

2) Platoon - Memorable scene where you see William Dafoe being chased by vietcongs (made me sad and angry).

3) Kor movie 1 - When Kyosuke tells Hikaru to take a hike..

4) Grave of the fire flies - When the little girl dies which inturn causes her brother to die out of grief..depature from the usual happy movies that come out of studio ghibli..( This sort of movie isn't something I usually see, but it was showing on IFC so I got suckered into watching it..)

5) Chasing Amy - When Banky professes his love to his best buddy,Holden and gets totally rejected.

List of TV scenes :

1) Shrub - Whenever I see Bush jr. speak on tv, I weep for America..

3 Comments:

  • Oh yeah, the Chasing Amy thing, I totally agree with that.

    By Blogger San Nakji, at 10/17/2005 10:26 PM  

  • Hmm, interesting movies. I don't know some of them. I have seen Chasing Amy.

    By Blogger Oricon Ailin, at 10/18/2005 2:54 PM  

  • kor 1 and grave of the fire flies are nihonjin animation movies(banzai!).
    You'll need to watch the tv series to fully grasp kor movie 1, but grave of the fire files is a movie about 2 war orphans. For the most part the movie is uplifting in that these 2 war orphans are doing their best to get by and appear to be doing well, but towards the end the movie throws a curve ball and ends in a sour note.

    By Blogger minty clorets, at 10/19/2005 2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home