minty's corner

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

It's the thought that counts

Company prez returned from his business trip to asia a few days ago. I've been told the trip was fruitful as he was able to make deals, revise deals, buy more patents, etc. Those became all secondary when I heard he brought some gifts for us from asia! I was excited and curious as to what kind of gift he bought for me. As his protégé, I was expecting some sort of fancy, exotic asian goodies so I was rather disappointed to find out what he brought me was a rolex watch. First thing that crossed my mind was, is he trying to remind me in a subtle way that don't be late for work? As I don't usually wear a watch, maybe the boss presumed by giving me a watch, I would be more inclined to check the time and be on time for work..Har!! As I thanked my boss for the gift, he gleefully mentions how he bought this fake rolex in China and unlike other Chinese knockoffs, this is a good quality fake as it was made in Korea.. Ah yesh..xie xie boss!

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home